Why Microsoft Teams should be your next phone system
Microsoft Teams is not just a hub for teamwork, but a platform for effective communications of all forms. If you're not already familiar with it, Teams is based in Microsoft's Office 365 cloud platform, and is a one-stop shop for Instant Chat, Team collaboration, audio and video meetings and document sharing and is gradually replacing Skype for Business.
But Teams has evolved into a fully-fledged, global phone system, which can effectively replace your traditional phone system. Teams is also highly competitive in functionality and cost when compared to other modern Cloud based phone systems.
If you're using Office 365 the chances are your organisation already has Teams, and some if not all users will be making use of it's collaboration and chat features. If so, you are already halfway to having Teams as a phone system, and need only to add on the appropriate license extension and choose from a cloud calling plan with Microsoft, or continue to work with your internet provider to provide a calling plan.
There are a number of reasons why Microsoft Teams should be your next phone system
- As with other Office 365 applications, Teams is constantly on the latest version of the platform and product, thus ensuring security at its best.
- If you already have an Office 365 subscription then you are part of the way to having Teams as a phone system.
- It provides the same kind of functionality as a PBX Phone system including call queues, hunt groups, music on hold, auto attendants, group pickup, number blocking, voicemail, time based policies.
- A number of different handset makes and models to choose from including headsets, touch screen phones and conference room equipment or you can choose to use your mobile phone or PC softphone client.
- Easily deploy Internationally; Teams is a single unified phone system globally. It can work in the office, at home, on a PC using the softphone client and on a mobile simultaneously.
- Flexibility of choosing from inclusive calling plans for domestic and international calls or a hybrid approach of using your internet provider for a calling plan.
- Integration with all other features of Teams as well as Office 365 in general, including email, calendar, SharePoint, document collaboration, team chats.
- You can port all of your existing phone numbers into Teams or choose all new numbers for any locations and apply them to users and / or groups in any way you want.
Not convinced? io can assist you to setup a no obligation free trial of Teams Phone System - just get in touch.